Skip to main content
A Fragmented Heart

Tell me sorrow, how long must you caress me?
Will you not let go ever?
Ever I wished, to befriend joy
I would not say, I have been happy never.

Intricacies of the human mind
Can I ever even realize?
For I have let go most wishes to
Understand another human.

Love always seemed to me like a far off isle
Who's shore is all I ever could see
Glistened my eyes like polished chrome
Blinded by it's beauty.

In metaphors I shall present
Few words of truth
Of how I gave away my heart to few
The gift was refused
I, confused
Received the red and to my bed
I succumbed
Cried a lot, that I did
Many a time when from all I hid
My cushion has seen the most of me
A fragmented heart
Was always returned to me.

I always wondered why it is so
I still wonder the same.
There are very few who love me truly
Everything else seems more like a game.
My mother and father has been there always
And secretly my brother too.
My grandparents have been the most caring indeed
Sacrifices never more have I seen.
But in people of the same age
With whom I have most fun interacting
Seem they do, selfish indeed
Am I selfish too?
I wish to know, for know I not
Did none of you ever love me?
For all I have seen is you only need
Me, when you need something.

I have only been extracted
Many a time not just once
At least it is still better
Than capitalists extracting from all.
In a strong crisis I currently suffer
Its nature being existential.
How I wish many a time
To simply just dial.
A certain few I would like to talk to
But then I remember, how they all,
Treated me like a pest
I back off, thinking it is the best.

My country remains diverse
But selfishness is at large
Why is love so hard to find?
Why is it so truly
I never knew, but I hint
A shadow crawls in all our hearts
Growing with the ticking clock
In some a bit too rapidly
What is it must you wonder?
Let me tell you what I hint
Selfish is the name given
To this creature in our veins.

Comments

Top Grossing

To all the Hip Hop, Funk and Street Culture fanatics, supporters, practitioners etc etc. This is how your LOCAL SCENE is going to be in the coming few days. 1)Today took place a Popping Workshop by Debangan Mitra. https://www.facebook.com/events/1613317662269353/permalink/1614573718810414/ 2)Wednesday, 5th August...I shall be taking a workshop, or rather a dance workshop, on 'toward Intermediate' Locking techniques, steps, grooves and concepts. 5-8pm at 507 Jodhpur Park. This one is gonna be intensive so yes, "come prepared". https://www.facebook.com/events/400590583467967/ 3)Saturday, 8th August... The place to be is Jadavpur University. Writer's Block happening on the campus grounds...so come with your blackbooks,markers, sketchpad,pens,pencils..whatever you wish to use to make your drawing. This one is 'blackbook centered' so yes no touching the walls...show your skills on paper. https://www.facebook.com/events/819358514838767/ 4)Sunda
"We are born green, With wings of white"